100 F Street Northeast
Washington, DC 20002
The Advisory Committee on Small and Emerging Companies will hold a public meeting on Wednesday, March 4, 2015, beginning at 9:30 a.m. (ET).
The meeting will primarily focus on secondary market liquidity but is also expected to include a vote on recommendations to the Commission regarding the definition of “accredited investor” (which were to be considered on the February 17th conference call that was postponed in response to a weather-related closing of the Commission’s offices).
The agenda for the meeting includes the following topics of discussion, among other things:
- consideration of written recommendations on “accredited investor” definition (10:00 – 10:30 a.m.)
- discussion of state preemption in the context of Regulation A+ (10:30 – 11:00 a.m.)
- a presentation and Q&A on secondary market liquidity generally and formalizing Section 4(a)(1½) (11:00 – 11:30 a.m.)
- discussion of Section 4(a)(1½) and secondary market liquidity (11:30 – 12:15 p.m.)
- a presentation and Q&A on secondary market trading venues and venture exchanges (1:45 – 2:30 p.m.)
- discussion of venture exchanges and secondary market trading issues (2:30 – 3:15 p.m.)
The meeting is open to the public and will be webcast from the SEC’s website.